Make an appointment
Find out how to make, cancel, or reschedule a primary care, mental health, or specialty care appointment at a VA West Palm Beach health care facility.
Before you make an appointment
You can make an appointment with us if both of the below are true for you.
- You're enrolled in VA health care, and
- You're registered as a patient at VA West Palm Beach health care
If you're not yet enrolled in VA health care
Apply for VA health care
If you're not registered at VA West Palm Beach health care
Register for care here
Your health and safety remain our priority. As cases decrease within our local communities, new modifications to our COVID-19 operations are to follow. Please be advised of the upcoming COVID-19 gate screening adjustments:
- Effective today, West Palm Beach VA Medical Center (WPB VAMC) and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) will transition to COVID-19 self-certify screening at the main entrances during after-hours from 6 p.m.- 6 a.m.
- Effective November 22, the WPB VAMC and CBOCs will fully transition to COVID-19 self-certify screening.
To allow for seamless screenings, please be prepared to show your ID, drive safely, and carefully follow the traffic signs. The COVID-19 self-certify screening will include the below questions:
- Do you have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
- Do you have any new or worsening cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you have any flu like symptoms or loss of taste or smell?
In the case that a response to any of the above questions is ‘yes,’ please immediately report to the Emergency Department for the WPB VAMC or notify the front receptionist for the CBOCs. As previously shared, please do not come to your in-person appointment if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, and we will be happy to reschedule or transition to a VA virtual modality.
Thank you for your understanding and for choosing your local VA to best serve you!
Smoke-Free VA Health Care Facility
For the sake of your health and safety, smoking and vaping is prohibited on the grounds or in the buildings of this facility.
For more information, visit https://www.va.gov/health/smokefree/
Primary care appointments
We offer primary care services at all 8 VA West Palm Beach health care facilities. You can make a primary care appointment online or by phone.
Make an appointment online
Mental health care appointments
If you're struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, anger, or other issues, we can help. We offer mental health (also called behavioral health) counseling, psychiatric care, and treatment for problems with alcohol and other substances.
How do I talk to someone right now?
If you’re a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one, connect with our caring, qualified Veterans Crisis Line responders for confidential help. Many of them are Veterans themselves. This service is private, free, and available 24/7.
To connect with a Veterans Crisis Line responder anytime day or night:
You can also:
For mental health care appointments
Call the behavioral health call center.
For walk-in mental health care
If you need help right away, or if you have a referral from another VA provider, one of our counselors will see you the same day. Same-day mental health and psychiatric help is available for both new and established patients.
Available at West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
Specialty care appointments
If you already have a primary care provider at VA West Palm Beach health care, you can make a direct appointment for the specialty services listed here. You don't need to get a referral or see your primary care provider first.
For specialty care services not listed here, please contact your primary care provider for a referral.
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your Veteran Health ID Card (VHIC). If this is your first appointment, we can help you get your picture taken for your card.
- Cards for any other types of health coverage you may have (like Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, or private insurance plan).
- Your appointment confirmation letter.
- List of your current medications including prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and any herbal supplements.
Yes, we’ll send you a reminder by phone about your appointment date, time, and location. If you have more than one appointment on the same day, you'll get a phone call for each appointment.
If you want to get reminders by text message
You'll need to sign up to opt in to this service. Visit the patient registration office at our West Palm Beach location. This service is free, but standard messaging rates from your mobile service provider may apply.
Once you sign up to receive text message reminders, you’ll no longer receive reminders by phone call.
If you have more than one appointment on the same day, you'll get one text reminder for all appointments. You can't cancel or reschedule appointments using our text message reminder service.
Please call the clinic where your appointment is scheduled, so we can give the appointment time to another Veteran.
- For appointments at West Palm Beach: 866-383-9036
- For mental health (behavioral health) appointments: 561-422-8234
- For appointments at any of our outpatient clinics: Call the clinic where you scheduled the appointment.
If you miss your appointment without letting the clinic know ahead of time, we'll consider you a "no show" and you'll need to reschedule your appointment.
You can also cancel some appointments online.
Please call us as soon as you can. If you arrive more than 20 minutes late without calling ahead of time, we may have to reschedule your appointment.