Substance Use Challenges
Substance use challenges can impact your life in many ways. Things like feeling like a burden, racking up legal & financial expenses, feeling like you can’t stop using, or having relationship problems can all stem from substance use.
Here are resources for Veterans experiencing substance use challenges.
Alcohol Use1 Resource
Tobacco Use3 Resources
Substance Use5 Resources
- Substance Use OverviewSigns and symptoms of substance use disorderVisit
- Substance Use Health CareSupport and treatment for substance use problems through VAVisit
- About Substance Use DisorderSelf-help tools and VA resources to learn about substance use disorder.Visit
- Substance Abuse ScreeningShort and confidential substance use screenerVisit
- About Opioid OverdoseNaloxone and opioid overdose educationVisit
Housing Assistance2 Resources
Local Resources & Online Programs3 Resources
- Find your Local VA Suicide Prevention Coordinator24/7 confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved onesVisit
- Substance Use Disorder Program LocatorSubstance use disorder programs by stateVisit
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Facility LocatorConfidentiality search for mental health or substance use disorder treatment facilitiesVisit