Office of Accountability & Whistleblower Protection
Learn about our mission and values.
Earning Your Trust
Learn about the steps OAWP is taking to earn your trust.
Whistleblower Rights and Protections
Learn about whistleblower rights and protections.
Make a Disclosure to OAWP
Learn about what OAWP investigates and how to make a disclosure:
VA’s Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection
The Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection (OAWP) is committed to ensuring accountability within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- OAWP receives and investigates:
- allegations of misconduct and poor performance against VA senior leaders,
- allegations of whistleblower retaliation against VA supervisors.
- OAWP receives whistleblower disclosures from VA employees and applicants for VA employment, and if they do not involve whistleblower retaliation or senior leader misconduct or poor performance, refer it for investigation within VA while OAWP monitors the investigation.
- OAWP is also responsible for tracking and confirming VA’s implementation of recommendations from audits and investigations carried out by VA’s Office of Inspector General, VA’s Office of the Medical Inspector, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, and the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
OAWP is led by Dr. Tamara Bonzanto, the Assistant Secretary for Accountability and Whistleblower Protection.
How to Contact Us:
Call us at: (202) 461-4119
Write us at (note that the delivery of mail is sometimes delayed):
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection
810 Vermont Avenue, NW, Mail Stop 70
Washington, D.C. 20420