Returning service member care
The Detroit VA has an experienced Post- 9/11 Military2VA (M2VA) team that is specially trained in the unique needs of the transitioning Service members and Post- 9/11 era Veterans.
Each Post- 9/11 M2VA team will assist with coordination of your VA health care and ensure that you are receiving Veteran-centered care and benefits Post- 9/11 M2VA team members will assist you, your family and caregiver in navigating the VA healthcare system and support you in achieving your goals.
Because WE CARE, we will:
- Collaborate with DoD and other community partners to facilitate your transition into the VA system.
- Educate you on VA eligibility, benefits and services.
- Provide case management, transition and reintegration assistance.
- Apply a holistic approach to care coordination, including integration of whole health.
- Identify VA services and community resources to meet your care needs.
- Transfer and coordinate care in the event of relocation to another VA facility.
- Provide education and outreach to DoD and community partners on VA Healthcare and transition-related challenges.
Connect with a care coordinator
Please call a team member at one of the extensions below with any questions or inquiries about our health care services.
In person visits:
Please report to Health Benefits Administration, Room C1900 located on the 1st floor in the yellow section for registration. Remember to bring a copy of your DD214. View a map of our facility to find this location.
Veterans may also enroll using several other methods at How To Apply For VA Health Care | Veterans Affairs
Vet Centers are counseling centers that help Veterans readjust after deployment. The Vet Center in Detroit provides counseling for individuals, groups, married couples, and families. They also provide guidance and referrals for other VA and community resources.