If you’re returning from military service, we’ll help you transition to civilian life. We can connect you with educational and career counseling, mental health services, and other programs and benefits that will support your transition.
We offer guidance in many different areas of a Veteran’s transition from military to civilian life. We work with both active and non-active service members in obtaining resources and benefits the Veteran or service member has earned. Here’s a list of important resources a Veteran or service member might need:
- The Florida Department of Veteran Affairs Veteran Service Officers (VSOs) are available statewide to help you process your VA claim. These services are free of charge, and the VSOs are all Veterans who have chosen to serve their fellow Veterans and Veteran families. All their VSOs are well versed on communicating your unique situation to VA efficiently and effectively.
- Phone number: 239-652-1800, ext. 20084
Veteran Readiness and Employment
- The Veteran Readiness and Employment Office can assist with educational programs and employment preparation. Contact the office to set up an appointment.
- Phone number: 239-433-7548
- Location: 11934 Fairway Lakes Drive #3, Fort Myers, FL 33913
Enrollment into health care
Lee County Healthcare Center
Phone number: 239-652-1800
Location: 2489 Diplomat Parkway East, Cape Coral, FL 33909
Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH)
- The VASH staff can help with getting Veterans connected to useful resources, and one-on-one assistance with programs like housing assistance, residential support services, and assistance with emergency household expenses.
- Phone: 239-652-1800
- Location: 2489 Diplomat Parkway East, Cape Coral, FL 33909