COVID-19 vaccines and testing
Safe care is our mission. VA New Mexico Healthcare System offers the COVID-19 vaccine to ALL Veterans, Veteran spouses, caregivers of Veterans, and CHAMPVA recipients at no cost.
COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Information
The health and safety or our Veterans and staff remain a top priority for VA. Vaccine remains the best way to protect everyone from serious illness. Protect yourself, your family, and your community by scheduling your appointment today. COVID-19 vaccine has been proven to be effective in diminishing the spread of the virus within our communities.
Veterans are asked to bring their valid VA ID card with them and the CDC Vaccination Card.
Who is eligible for a booster?
Anyone age 18 or older who:
• Completed the Moderna or Pfizer series at least 6 months ago
• Received the Johnson & Johnson single dose at least 2 months ago
VA will continue to offer COVID-19 vaccine and boosters to those authorized under Save Lives Act recipients while supplies last.
Why is a booster important?
COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness fades over time.
• A booster will recharge your body’s ability to protect you from COVID-19!
For more information about the COVID-19 booster, visit CDC.gov.
If you are an enrolled Veteran who received a vaccination outside of the VA, please report it to your primary care team.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility
- ALL Veterans - Veteran does not need to be enrolled in VA health care to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Spouses of Veterans
- Caregivers of Veterans - For COVID-19 vaccine eligibility, caregiver is defined as a family member or friend who provides care to a Veteran
- CHAMPVA Benefits Recipients - Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when receiving the vaccine.
Mandatory masking remains in place for all individuals entering our facilities, regardless of vaccine status.
Beginning January 22, 2022, all COVID-19 testing and vaccinations for Veterans will be conducted at Camp Murphy drive-thru site, located adjacent to the parade field, in front of bldg. 12 (west side of campus)
If you remain undecided about the COVID-19 vaccine, click here to learn more about the importance of protecting yourself, family members, and the community.
To get the latest updates and sign up to stay informed about COVID-19 vaccines, visit our vaccine information page.
Order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests at COVIDtests.gov, or by calling 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489). Order tests now so you have them when you need them. Learn more about COVID-19 testing at VA.