VA Loma Linda Healthcare System is providing free seasonal flu shots to eligible Veterans September 1, 2023, through March 31, 2024.
Eligible Veterans enrolled in VA healthcare can get a free flu shot at VA Loma Linda facilities at their next appointment or walk-in flu shot clinic. Additionally, Veterans can visit an in-network pharmacy or urgent care in the community.
This service is offered by VA in an effort to help keep Veterans and our community healthy during flu season. The flu shot offers the best protection against the flu by reducing illness, hospitalization, and death from the influenza (flu) virus. To learn more, check out VA's interactive flu shot decision aid tool and talk with your healthcare provider.
VA is committed to keeping Veterans, VA employees, and visitors to our facilities safe. Step up to prevent flu and stay safe this flu season. To learn more, visit https://www.prevention.va.gov/flu/
How to get your flu shot at VA Loma Linda Healthcare System
- Ask your VA healthcare provider or Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) at your next appointment
- Schedule an appointment
- Visit a walk-in flu shot clinic
- Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans' Hospital, 11201 Benton St., Loma Linda, CA 92357
- Main lobby, first floor, Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Module 3, first floor, Monday-Sunday 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Ambulatory Care Center, 26001 Redlands Blvd., Redlands, CA 92373
- ACC Lobby, first floor, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Community-based outpatient clinics, Thursdays 1-4 p.m.
- Veteran must be assigned to a CBOC to receive their flu shot at that location.
If you have questions about getting a flu shot, contact the VALLHS Endemic Clinic at 909-825-7084 ext. 7315.
How to get your flu shot from an in-network retail pharmacy or urgent care community provider
No-cost flu shots from a community provider are available to eligible Veterans who are:
• Enrolled in VA health care, AND
• Received care through VA from either a VA facility or community provider within the past 24 months.
There is no copayment charge if Veteran’s visit consists only of a flu shot. Flu shot-only visits do not count towards visits and/or copayments associated with using VA’s urgent care benefit.
Verify your eligibility, then use the VA facility locator to find an in-network community pharmacy or urgent care near you. Bring your valid government ID and VA billing information card. Click here to view and print the billing card.
When you arrive, identify yourself as a Veteran enrolled in VA healthcare who would like to get a flu shot paid by VA. Show your government-issued ID and VA billing information card.
For help with eligibility and general questions, call 800 MyVA411 (800-698-2411)
For help receiving a flu vaccine from a VA community provider, call (877) 881-7618.