We offer the COVID-19 vaccine to Veterans who are enrolled for VA health care and receive primary care at VA Pittsburgh. These Veterans can make an appointment at any of our seven sites of care or stop by primary care on our University Drive and H.J. Heinz III campuses.
At the H.J. Heinz III campus, primary care is located in building 71 on the second floor.
At the University Drive campus, primary care is located in building 1 on the first floor.
COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters
We provide only the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 bivalent vaccine or booster to Veterans who receive primary care at VA Pittsburgh and received either the Pfizer, Moderna or Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine. CDC recommends people get up to date with COVID-19 vaccination as soon as feasible, which includes the completed primary series and any recommended additional or booster doses for which they are eligible. To learn more, see CDC’s groups recommended for vaccination or guidance for people who are immunocompromised.
If you decide to get any vaccine outside of VA, please tell your VA health care team. You can call them or use secure messaging. For information on how to use secure messaging, please see VA secure messaging.
To receive email updates:
- From VA Pittsburgh, subscribe to VA Pittsburgh health care news and announcements
- From VA, sign up on VA’s vaccine information page (More information is available here about the Save Lives Act.)
Enroll in VA health care
Are you a Veteran who is not enrolled for VA health care? Find out if you are eligible to enroll in VA health care:
- Apply online at How to apply for VA health care
- Call VA toll-free at 877-222-8387, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Download the mailable VA Form 10-10EZ. Send the completed 10-10EZ with a copy of your DD214 to VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Attn: Patient Registration, University Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15240
Note: You may be asked to provide your DD214 and income information.