Experiencing Grief or Loss
Losing someone can impact your life in many ways. Things like living with traumatic memories, feeling numb or losing interest, or not being able to express your emotions can all stem from experiencing grief and loss.
Here are resources for Veterans experiencing grief and loss.
Grief and Suicide Loss6 Resources
- About Vet Centers Bereavement CounselingAssistance and support after a death of a loved oneVisit
- Bereavement Counseling Assistance & SupportCounseling benefits for surviving loved ones, burial information, the VA Survivors Pension and moreVisit
- Coping with Grief Following a DeathDownloadable guide on processing grief, professionals who can help, and non-VA resourcesVisit
- Uniting for Suicide PostventionSupport for those impacted by suicide lossVisit
- Coping With a Suicide LossCoping with a suicide loss and support after a suicide attemptVisit
- Dealing with Sadness or Grief after a LossInformation on grief experiences and how to care for yourself, cope, and express grief in healthy waysVisit
Local Resources & Online Programs3 Resources
- Find your Local VA Suicide Prevention Coordinator24/7 confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved onesVisit
- Suicide PreventionSuicide prevention resources to support you and your loved onesVisit
- Find VA LocationsSearch VA and in-network community care providers by your location and needsVisit