Mental health care
VA Pittsburgh health care operates a comprehensive behavioral health program. We are a regional center of excellence for Veteran-focused mental health care. Ask a care coordinator about treatment options suited to your unique needs.
Connect with a care coordinator
Care we provide at VA Pittsburgh
The Behavioral Health Department offers both inpatient and outpatient services, including telehealth appointments. We provide consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues impacting emotional well-being. Our services include:
- Homeless Veterans services
- Treatment for addictive disorders, including residential rehabilitation treatment programs
- Transition and care management for returning Veterans (OIF/OEF/OND)
We offer medications and resources for making a quit plan and sticking to it.
Pharmacy telephone counseling, Quit-Vet telephone counseling, virtual group, Smokefree text messaging, Stay Quit Coach App, www.smokefree.gov/Veterans.
For more information, contact our tobacco cessation coordinator at 412-360-1720.
- Beaver County VA Clinic
- Belmont County VA Clinic
- Fayette County VA Clinic
- H. John Heinz III Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Pittsburgh VA Medical Center-University Drive
- Washington County VA Clinic
- Westmoreland County VA Clinic
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health provider.