Moving Forward Plan Interim Visitation Guidance (2/22/2022)
Visitation Policy: Effective February 22, 2022, visitation is restricted to (1) visitor at Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital main campus. Visitors are currently allowed at Hines' six Community Based Out Patient Clinics.
Exceptions can be allowed for compassionate care circumstances or in the case of medical necessity as determined by Hines VA health care professionals.
Community Living Center (CLC) residents may have visitors between 8 am to 7 pm, seven days a week. CLC residents may only have (1) visitor at a time per hour. Visitors must be over 14 years old and present documentation of a negative COVID-19 test from a community testing location 24-48 hours before visiting.
All patient services will continue as regularly scheduled unless contacted by Hines VA staff. Patients and staff are required to wear FDA Approved (Hospital grade) face mask over mouth and nose while on hospital campus grounds or while visiting an outpatient clinic.
Visitors are currently allowed at Hines VA's six Community Based Out Patient Clinics.
Hines VA will continue to monitor area COVID-19 infection rates and adjust its visitation policy accordingly.
COVID-19 vaccines and Boosters: All Veterans, spouses and caregivers can get a COVID-19 vaccine and booster at VA by appointment or walk-in clinic. Visit our vaccine information page
• No visitation shall be permitted for outpatient clinics except in cases of cognitive or physical impairment requiring caretaker assistance.
• Visitation hours daily from 8 a.m. until 8:30 p.m.
• One (1) visitor is allowed at a time per Veteran.
• One (1) visitor allowed at a time per Veteran.
• Visitors under the age of 18 cannot be accommodated unless no alternative child-care is available.
• Visitation is permitted at all times while the Veteran is in the Emergency Department. Once the Veteran is admitted to another unit, the visitation guidelines of their new unit take effect.
• One (1) visitor allowed at a time per patient.
• Visitors under the age of 18 cannot be accommodated.
• Visitation hours Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday from 6p.m. until 8p.m. and Sundays/holidays from 1p.m. until 3p.m.
• Visitation hours daily from 4:00 pm until 8:30 pm M-F. Weekends and Holidays from 8:00 am to 8:30 pm
• Visitation hours Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. until 9 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. until 9 p.m.
• SARRTP staff will encourage residents to have family and friends that are supportive of their recovery involved in their treatment. SARRTP encourages unit residents and visitors to utilize designated visiting areas during unit visiting hours.