VA Homeless Programs
Assistance to Help Avoid Eviction
On July 31, 2021, the extension of the national eviction moratorium will end. VA is ready with resources to assist Veterans facing housing crises.
2021-2025 HPO Strategic Plan
The strategic plan outlines HPO’s vision for the future and highlights the path to achieve the ambitious goal of ending homelessness among Veterans and their families. The plan includes six fundamental objectives and their associated strategies for the future. Follow the link below to view the full plan.
To protect Veterans and employees, VA is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for homelessness services systems and providers.
What Veterans Who Are Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness Should do for Help
Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness are strongly encouraged to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance. If Veterans do not have access to a phone or the internet, only then are they to visit their closest VA medical center without calling in advance. VA also urges Veterans who are not homeless or at risk of homelessness to contact their VA medical center before visiting for any reason. These steps are necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- VA Mandates COVID-19 Vaccines Among its Medical Employees including VHA Facilities Staff
Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs | Posted July 26, 2021
- VA Announces New Options to Help Veterans Avoid Foreclosure
Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs | Posted July 23, 2021
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.