VA Homeless Programs
#GovLove Is in the Air
It’s the fourth annual #GovLove campaign where agencies send love, support, and appreciation to fellow agencies, partners, and employees. In honor of this occasion, we’re taking a moment to put our hardworking Homeless Programs staff in the spotlight.
46,000 Homeless Veterans Housed in 2023
Between January 1 and December 31, 2023, 46,000 Veterans were placed into permanent housing which superseded our goal 38,000 for the second year in a row. In the past three years, Veteran homelessness has gone down 4%, and since 2010, it’s has been reduced by more than 52%.
Grant Opportunities from Supportive Services for Veteran Families
Supportive services grants are now available under the SSVF program. Explore information concerning the SSVF Program, the renewal and new applicant grant application processes, and the amount of funding available.
Ending Veteran Homelessness Podcast
Want to know what VA is doing to end Veteran homelessness? Join us as we explore all the ways our country is working to ensure that every Veteran has a safe and stable place to call home.
Are you a Veteran who is homeless or experiencing housing instability?
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, we strongly encourage you to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
No Veteran should be without a place to call home.
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- How We Cut Veteran Homelessness By Half with Monica Diaz and Shawn Liu
UCLA Housing Voice | Posted February 21, 2024
- The Dole Report February 2024
VA Wichita Healthcare System YouTube | Posted February 16, 2024
- Stories of Success: Brian's Journey Home
CAPSLO | Posted February 7, 2024
- US Secretary of Veterans Affairs Visits Sacramento
ABC 10 | Posted January 25, 2024
- Homeless Hope Recovery Center Manager and Our Community Grant Per Diem Partner Are Interviewed About Applying for New VA Suicide Funding
FOX 2 St. Louis | Posted January 25, 2024
- If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
- You can also call or visit your local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
- Work with VA to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans in your community. Learn how you can help by visiting our Stakeholders page.
- Listen to our podcast, Ending Veteran Homelessness, to get monthly updates on resources and services.
- Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.
Explore Key Homeless Veterans Programs and Resources