VA Homeless Programs
VA Outlines 2023 Goals Toward Ending Veteran Homelessness
VA has established its 2023 goals to build upon efforts to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans, including a goal to once again house at least 38,000 Veterans in 2023.
2022 Homeless Programs Office (HPO) Annual Report
This annual report highlights each HPO program’s accomplishments in providing case management and other services to prevent Veteran homelessness or ensure that it is rare, brief, and nonrecurring.
The State of Unsheltered Veteran Homelessness 2022
Despite homelessness amongst Veterans continuing to drop, our communities are seeing an increase in the rate of Veterans experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
Ending Veteran Homelessness Podcast
Want to know what VA is doing to end Veteran homelessness? Join us each month as we explore how our country is working to ensure that every Veteran has a safe and stable place to call home.
Learn more »
Are you a Veteran who is homeless or experiencing housing instability?
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, we strongly encourage you to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
No Veteran should be without a place to call home.
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- Enhanced-Use Lease (EUL) Program Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
SAM.gov | Posted March 28, 2023
- VA and law enforcement collaboration leads to increase in health care utilization study finds
va.gov | Posted March 24, 2023
- All In 101 Webinar Recording and Slides: Overview of New Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness USICH | Posted January 11, 2023
- VA wants homes for 100 homeless Orlando Veterans in ‘Home for the Holidays’ campaign
Click Orlando | Posted December 2, 2022
- Interview: Number of homeless vets declined since 2020
WTVA | Posted November 10, 2022
- If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
- You can also call or visit your local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
- Work with VA to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans in your community. Learn how you can help by visiting our Stakeholders page.
- Listen to our podcast, Ending Veteran Homelessness, to get monthly updates on resources and services.
- Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.