National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics
A simple and interesting graphical statistics on a variety of topics related to Veterans.
Who We Are and What We Do
We develop statistical analyses and reports on a broad range of topics, operate VA’s data and statistics Web portal to disseminate Veteran data and statistics, and develop estimates and projections on Veteran populations.
We Have Redesigned Our Site!
How did we do? We’d like to hear from you!
VA released GDX 2021 This report provides the estimated dollar expenditures for major VA programs at the state, county, and Congressional District levels. Expenditure data are grouped by the following categories: Compensation and Pension; Education and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment; Insurance and Indemnities; Construction and Related Costs; Loan Guaranty; and Medical Expenditures. The GDX also includes Veterans Population estimates at the state, county and Congressional District level and the number of unique patients who used VA health care services. June 7,2022
VA released VetPop 2020 which is VA's new official estimate and projection of the Veteran population. It revises and replaces the estimate and projection in VetPop2018. Based on data through September 30, 2020, VetPop2020 provides a projection of the Veteran population at each fiscal year end from 2020 to 2050. For a general overview please refer to to the document VetPop2020 A Brief Description.
- Unclaimed Veterans Remains
- VA Data Strategy
- VA Spatial Data Strategy in accordance with VA Enterprise Data Stragegy
- VA Facilities by State
- VA Facilities by Congressional District
- Compensation and Pension by County: 2019
- Number of Projected Veterans in 50 States, DC, and PR from 9/30/2019 to 9/30/2021: 2019
- Profile of Veterans: 2017
- VA Statistics at a Glance
- VA Statistics at a Glance Pocket Card
- Veteran Population by State
- Average Expenditures Per Patient by Healthcare Priority Group: FYs 2000-2018
Note: You may need to visit the VA Viewer Software page to view the documents available on this page. To download any of the tables on this page, right click on the associated link and select “Save Target As.” Then, save the document to the location of your choice.