To protect Veterans and employees, VA is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for homelessness services systems and providers.
Women Veterans Video
Hear the stories of two women Veterans with children who successfully exited homelessness with help from VA and community partners.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website to view the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 for homelessness individuals and homelessness service systems and providers.
How to Help Homeless Veterans
Check out the “How to Help Homeless Veterans” video to learn how you can help Veterans who are at-risk or experiencing homelessness in your community. Discover the steps you can take to make a difference in the lives of those who served our country. You’ll also hear from formerly homeless Veterans about their positive experiences with VA as they exited homelessness.
Learn more about formerly homeless Veterans and their experiences by navigating to the Video page.
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- From homeless to hopeful: Veterans thrive with peer specialists’ support
VAntage Point | Posted February 18, 2020
- Veterans who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Veterans and their families may also call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) to access VA services.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.