VA Homeless Programs
38,000 Permanent Housing Placement National Challenge
Through the unrelenting support of our homeless programs staff and partners, we not only achieved our goal of housing 38,000 Veterans in 2022—we surpassed it.
How Landlords Can Help End Veteran Homelessness
No one who served their country should be without a home. VA cannot address this alone and needs landlords who are interested in housing Veterans experiencing homelessness.
Provide Employment Opportunities to Veterans
If you are a business owner interested in providing employment opportunities or services to Veterans, contact your local Community Employment Coordinator (CEC) to learn more.
Learn more »
Assistance for Veterans Experiencing Homelessness
Make the call to or chat online with the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans, where trained counselors are ready to talk confidentially 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you a Veteran who is homeless or experiencing housing instability?
If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness, we strongly encourage you to contact the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
No Veteran should be without a place to call home.
VA is committed to ending homelessness among Veterans. Our focus is threefold:
- Conducting coordinated outreach to proactively seek out Veterans in need of assistance.
- Connecting homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutions, health care, community employment services and other required supports.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits; and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.
- All In 101 Webinar Recording and Slides: Overview of New Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness USICH | Posted January 11, 2023
- VA wants homes for 100 homeless Orlando Veterans in ‘Home for the Holidays’ campaign
Click Orlando | Posted December 2, 2022
- Interview: Number of homeless vets declined since 2020
WTVA | Posted November 10, 2022
- New Homeless Resource Locator Connects Users with Service Providers Across the U.S.
Community Solutions | Posted November 9, 2022
- If you are a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, call the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at (877) 4AID-VET (877-424-3838) for assistance.
- You can also call or visit your local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where VA staff are ready to help.
- Explore www.va.gov/homeless to learn about VA programs for Veterans who are homeless and share that information with others.
- Work with VA to prevent and end homelessness among Veterans in your community. Learn how you can help by visiting our Stakeholders page.
- Listen to our podcast, Ending Veteran Homelessness, to get monthly updates on resources and services.
- Download posters, brochures, and other materials to reach out to Veterans and help VA end homelessness.