Operational Status Alert Details
VA Portland operational status details for alerts and unscheduled issues.
Masking is required in all VA Portland facilities.
This is per state and federal requirements or guidelines.
Please help us keep everyone safe & keep your mask on while at the VA.
If mask requirements are lifted in schools and in public, why not in healthcare?
- Healthcare workers are at higher risk of exposure to COVID-19
- Individuals with COVID-19 receive care in these settings
- Many veterans have other illnesses that put them at risk
- Healthcare workers support protection of the general community
Masking is one part of a safety strategy, what else can people do?
- Social distancing
- Staying home if having symptoms
- Hand hygiene
- Staying up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations