Resources for schools
Resources for schools is a one-stop shop for School Certifying Officials (SCOs) and school administrators assisting students who are using their VA benefits to pursue education and training programs. Find trainings, resources, guides, and information on GI Bill programs to support military-connected students.
On this page
Key resources for SCOs
SCO Handbook | OJT/APP SCO Handbook | Enrollment Manager User Guide | VA Education Platform Portal | Public WEAMS | Find your ELR | VRRAP For Schools | Foreign Program Approval Information | 85/15 FAQs | Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) SCO Handbook
Training and guides
Use these resources to get training and boost your skills to help support military-connected students.
Required training for SCOs
Required if your school has 20 or more GI Bill students
- School Certifying Official Handbook
- Ask VA (AVA) Business Dashboard Guide
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Tungsten Invoicing
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Tungsten SCO Tips
- Find your Education Liaison Representative (ELR)
- Training webinars
- Public WEAMS
- Benefits A to Z
- Yellow Ribbon Information for Schools
- Check your status as a covered institution
- Post-9/11 Study Abroad Programs
- VA Education Platform Portal
- Enrollment Manager User Guide
- Enrollment Manager Quick Start Guide - Flight
- Enrollment Manager Quick Start Guide - Institutions of Higher Learning
- Enrollment Manager Quick Start Guide - Non-College Degree Programs
- Enrollment Manager Quick Start Guide - On-the-Job Training/Apprenticeship
Policies and procedures
Learn about policies and procedures that apply to GI Bill legislation and VA educational programs and benefits.
How does a facility begin the process of GI Bill program approval?
The approval process for GI Bill programs generally begins with the State Approving Agency (SAA) of jurisdiction. Contact your SAA to seek approval for education and training programs in your respective state. They’re the path to a program’s eligibility for payment of VA education benefits.
When is VA responsible for approval of education and training programs?
VA will approve schools in some circumstances and for some states that don’t have an SAA assigned. If you fall into one of these groups, VA will review your application.
Applications for jurisdictions where VA is acting as SAA:
How do you receive approval for on-the-job training programs?
See our Approval of On-the-Job Training Programs fact sheet, which addresses the following requirements: programs, wages, and facilities. See information for Federal Agency program approval.
Forever GI Bill:Benefits by chapter:
Tuition and housing:Other programs and benefits:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (DEA, Chapter 35)
- Montgomery GI Bill—Active Duty (MGIB-AD, Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR, Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP, Chapter 32)
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E, Chapter 31)
- Personalized Career Planning and Guidance (Chapter 36)