Skilled Home Health CareExpand Content (accessible version)
- What is Skilled Home Health Care?
- Am I eligible for Skilled Home Health Care?
- What services can I get?
- How do I decide if this is right for me?
- What do Veterans and caregivers say?
- Return to: Home and Community Based Services
What is Skilled Home Health Care?
Skilled Home Health is short-term health care services that can be provided to Veterans if they are homebound or live far away from VA. The care is delivered by a community-based home health agency that has a contract with VA.
Skilled Home Health Care is for Veterans who need skilled services, case management, and assistance with activities of daily living (e.g., bathing and getting dressed) or instrumental activities of daily living (e.g., fixing meals and taking medicines); are isolated or their caregiver is experiencing burden.
Skilled Home Health Care can be used in combination with other Home and Community Based Services.