Hospice and Palliative CareExpand Content (accessible version)
- What is Hospice and Palliative Care?
- Am I eligible for Hospice and Palliative Care?
- What services can I get?
- How do I decide if this is right for me?
- What do Veterans and caregivers say?
- Return to: Home and Community Based Services
What is Hospice and Palliative Care?
Hospice is a comfort based form of care for Veterans who have a terminal condition with 6 months or less to live.
Palliative care is a form of treatment that emphasizes comfort care but does not require the Veteran have a terminal condition.