Geriatrics and Extended Care
Well-Being: What’s in My Community?
You can find even more ways to enhance your well-being through classes, trainings, and other resources at your own VA medical center and greater community. Here are some ways to find them:
- Go online and search for your county’s Parks and Recreation Department for a list of organized activities like yoga, bowling, bird watching, and nature hikes
- Ask your VA Social Worker what’s available near you
- Visit your city’s library to view postings on community events
- Enter your zip code into the online Eldercare Locator, a tool developed by the U.S. Administration on Aging to find service agencies near you.
- Visit the VA’s National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention website to find links to more information about:
- Tips about healthy living
- VA Wellness programs
- Disease prevention
- Information about health conditions and diseases from A to Z
- Find benefit programs that can help you pay for medicine, health care, food, utilities and more.
- Caregiver Support
- Programs available in and out of your home to help you care for the Veteran you love and for yourself