Chief Strategy Office
Policy Analysis and Forecasting (PAF) Office
The Policy Analysis and Forecasting (PAF) offers an array of support services. The office provides Veterans Health Administration (VHA) leaders with insightful data and information to support planning, policy, and budget decisions. PAF reviews program policies and provides consultative expertise to stakeholders' on Veteran policy, regulatory and legislative issues. In addition, PAF provides the following support or services:
- Develops enrollment, cost, and utilization projections via the VA Enrollee Health Care Projection Model
- Conducts analyses to ensure consistency with the policy direction of the VA Secretary and the Under Secretary for Health
- Coordinates VHA's health reform efforts and creates the monthly Veteran enrollment, utilization and cost file used for reporting throughout VHA
- Procures Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) data and distributes for analysis within VHA to help improve quality and efficiency of VA health services and coordination of care between VHA and CMS systems
- Applies Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to "visualize choice" and optimize healthcare access and resources. Note: GIS data are the basis for many PAF products and analyses, including reports, location-allocation analysis, GIS portals, and cartographic products.
PAF is comprised of three offices located in VA Central Office in Washington, Braintree and Gainesville.