Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Veterans Health Administration » Asset and Infrastructure Review (AIR) Commission Report
Veterans Health Administration
Asset and Infrastructure Review (AIR) Commission Report
Thank you for visiting the site for the Asset and Infrastructure Review (AIR) Commission Report. The AIR Commission Report will be published at https://www.va.gov/aircommissionreport on Monday, March 14, 2022.
In accordance with the VA MISSION Act of 2018, the AIR report contains recommendations for the AIR Commission that will:
- Cement VA as the primary, world-class provider and coordinator of Veterans health care for generations to come;
- Build a health care network with the right facilities, in the right places, to provide the right care for all Veterans, including underserved and at-risk Veteran populations in every part of the country—making sure that our facilities and services are where the Veterans are;
- Ensure that the infrastructure that makes up the Department of Veterans Affairs in the decades ahead reflects the needs of the 21st century Veterans—not the needs and challenges of a health care system that was built, in many cases, 80 years ago;
- Invest heavily in VA employees, who are VA’s number one asset;
- And strengthen our roles as the leading health care researchers in America and with our academic partnerships to remain the leading health care training institution in America.