State Veterans Homes - Community Care
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Community Care


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge
EBenefits Badge

State Veterans Homes

icon small va facility homeState Veterans Homes are facilities that provide eligible Veterans with nursing home, domiciliary, or adult day care. These facilities are owned and operated by state governments. Each state establishes eligibility and admission criteria for its homes and some State Veterans Homes may admit non-Veteran spouses and gold star parents. VA provides payment on a per diem basis only for eligible Veterans who participate in the State Home Per Diem Program.

For more information about your local State Veterans Homes, talk with a VA social worker/case manager about eligibility requirements and to figure out a plan to pay for care and services at a State Veterans Home. More information can also be found on the VA Geriatrics and Extended Care (GEC) State Veterans Homes website.

GEC State Veterans Homes

Contact Information by Region

VA has identified staff that can provide more information about the reimbursement for State Veterans Homes; Construction Grant Program; Grant Applications, Awards, and Payments; and Geriatrics and Extended Care Services. Please visit the SHPD Program-Specific Contact page to determine which regional staff member can help you.

Program Specific Contacts


State Home Per Diem Program Office
VHA State Home Per Diem Inquiries