National Center for Healthcare Advancement and Partnerships
VHA Community Partnership Challenge
OCE is accepting Community Partnership Challenge submissions
The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is once again shining a spotlight on outstanding partnerships that benefit Veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors.
VHA’s Office of Community Engagement (OCE) invites VHA employees to enter their partnerships in the 2021 National VHA Community Partnership Challenge for an opportunity to be recognized for their work and share ideas for collaborations that can be adopted by other VA facilities. The deadline to submit an entry on the VHA Community Partnership Challenge Portal is March 5, 2021.
The theme for this year’s contest is “Adaptability in a Changing World.” Entries must demonstrate how the partnership serves Veterans of all races, ethnicities, sexual identities, languages, learning styles, and/or spiritual preference, and addresses one or more of the following categories:
- Clinical and Self-Care: Provides resources that directly support Veterans’ mental, emotional, and/or physical health and promote health and well-being.
- Support of Social Determinants of Health: Provides education, employment, food security, housing, transportation, and/or spiritual support opportunities.
- Newly Transitioning Service Members: Provides health services, employment and/or benefits for newly transitioning Veterans (within 0-12 months of leaving active duty).
- COVID-19 Pandemic/Flu: Provides access to health care and/or the ability to provide new services or benefits that Veterans need due to COVID-19 or the flu.
- Caregivers/Families: Provides resources for Veteran caregivers and family members to support their ability to care for Veterans.
Posted February 4, 2021