Information for Employers - Compensated Work Therapy
For Veterans | For Employers | Locations | Contact Us | Services
The CWT program provides a cost effective means of achieving your company's production goals of managing costs and improving service delivery, while maintaining high quality standards. CWT is a national vocational rehabilitation program that assists veterans return to competitive employment; making a living wage and building their self esteem while contribution to the community.
Using a business model, CWT program staff specialize in working with facility management, human resource, and/or production personnel to address labor force deficits. If your company is searching for prescreened workers to address staffing shortfalls, please contact Charles McGeough, National Director of Marketing.
1. Additional Workforce:
- Readily available competitive, semi-skilled and skilled labor for short term and permanent assignments.
- Veteran workers are pre-screened and matched to the specific job requirement.
- There is little risk for the company working with the CWT transitional work program. The employer/employee relationship is non-existent, and there is no mandated obligation to hire the veteran. However, veterans typically demonstrate their value to the participating company which often results in permanent hires.
2. Reduce Overhead Costs:
- With the CWT transitional work program there are none of the normal employee costs like health care, workers compensation insurance, vacation and sick time, FICA, and job vacancy advertising.
- Training and employee assistance are provided at no cost to the company.
- Comprehensive medical costs are covered by the VA.
- Work can also be completed in one of our CWT facilities, if workshop services are provided, reducing demands on your space, utilities, inventory and time.
3. Delivery Services:
- CWT programs with sheltered workshops and available trucking typically provide local delivery at a nominal cost.
4. Storage Solutions:
- Many CWT programs with sheltered workshops are able to provide temporary storage solutions.
- Where available, permanent storage can be arranged at a nominal cost.
The CWT veteran labor force is available to help you meet peak or unexpected workload demands.
CWT staff promotes Quality Right behavior for all associated stakeholders; demanding only the highest in quality workmanship and performance. CWT welcomes an opportunity to work with you to develop and meet your company's specific quality goals. Many of our programs are CARF accredited and work with ISO9000 certified companies.