Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Community Care


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge
EBenefits Badge

Infertility Treatment

Veterans with certain service-connected conditions that result in infertility may be eligible for infertility treatment and services paid for by VA. Covered services include:

  • Infertility assessments
  • Counseling
  • Hormonal therapies
  • Surgical correction
  • Artificial insemination
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)

Both eligible Veterans and their spouses are potentially eligible for infertility treatment and services. To be eligible for IVF treatment specifically, Veterans must have a service-connected disability that results in the Veteran being unable to procreate without the use of fertility treatment.

Getting Treatment

  1. Evaluation. Veterans who are enrolled in VA health care can schedule an appointment with a VA provider for an evaluation to determine what treatment may be clinically appropriate. To schedule an evaluation, Veterans (male and female) can contact the Women Veterans Call Center or contact their local VA medical facility.

    Women Veterans Call Center: (855) 829-6636

  2. Planning. Based on the evaluation, VA refers the Veteran (and spouse, as applicable) to a Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) specialist in the community. The community provider will work with the Veteran and their spouse to develop a treatment plan.
  3. Treatment. Treatment is provided based on the treatment plan.


VA provides infertility treatment and services through Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) community providers who are part of VA’s Patient-Centered Community Care (PC3) network. REI providers are an integral partner in making sure Veterans get the infertility treatment they need. REI providers interested in providing treatment and services to Veterans will need to register with Health Net Federal Services or TriWest Healthcare Alliance, which are Third Party Administrators (TPAs) who separately manage the two regions of the PC3 network.

Coverage MapRegister with TriWestRegister with Health Net Federal Services

NOTE: The VA contract with Health Net Federal Services (HNFS) will expire on September 30, 2018. HNFS currently administers the eastern region of VA’s contracted network. VA will work with Veterans, community providers, and VA staff to transition care coordination from HNFS to your local VA medical facility. Please review the Information Aide and announcement for more information and frequently asked questions.

IVF Provider Information AideHNFS Contract Ending


Women Veterans Call Center
(855) 829-6636

Veterans (male and female) can contact the Women Veterans Call Center for more information about service-connected infertility treatment.