Geriatrics and Extended Care
Geriatrics and Extended Care Data and Analysis Center (GECDAC) - Publications
1. Miller EA, Gadbois E, Gidmark S, Intrator O, Rudolph J. “VA Staff Perceptions of Barriers and Facilitators to Home and Community-Based Placement Post-Hospital Discharge.” Journal of Aging & Social Policy, 22 Feb. 2018, pp. 1-29.
(Web Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08959420.2018.1444889?journalCode=wasp20)
2. Cai S, Grubbs A, Makineni R, Kinosian B, Phibbs C, Intrator O. “Evaluation of the Cincinnati VA Medical Center Hospital-In-Home Program.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 66, no. 7, 2018, pp.1392-1398.
(Web Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jgs.15382)
3. Gidwani R, Kinosian B, Scott W, Phibbs C, Intrator O. “Hospice Care of Veterans in Medicare Advantage and Traditional Medicare: A Risk-Adjusted Analysis.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol.66, no.8, 2018, pp.1508-1514.
(Web Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jgs.15434)
4. Sullivan JL, Shin MH, Adjognon O, Shay K, Harvey K, Intrator O, Yaksic E, Moye J, Solimeo S. “Geriatric Patient-Aligned Care Teams in the Veterans Health Administration: How are They Structured?” Geriatrics, vol.3, no. 3, 2018, doi:10.3390/geriatrics3030046.
(Web Link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6196730/)
5. Lei L, Cooley S, Phibbs C, Kinosian B, Allman R, Porsteinsson A, Intrator O. “Attributable Cost of Dementia: Demonstrating Pitfalls of Ignoring Multiple Healthcare System Utilization.” Health Services Research, 23 Sep. 2018, doi:10.1111/1475-6773.13048.
(Web Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1475-6773.13048)
6. Song W, Intrator O, Lee S, Boockvar K. “Antihypertensive Drug Deintensification and Recurrent Falls in Long-Term Care.” Health Services Research, vol. 53, no.6, 2018, pp.4066-4086. Doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.13074.
(Web Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1475-6773.13074)
7. Miller EA, Gidmark S, Gadbois E, Rudolph J, Intrator O. “Nursing Home Referral within the Veterans Health Administration: Practice Variation by Payment Source and Facility Type.” Research on Aging, vol. 40, no. 7, 2018, pp.687-711.
(Web Link: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0164027517730383?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed)
8. Thomas K., Cote D., Makineni R., Intrator O., Kinosian B., Phibbs C. & Allen S (2017). “Change in VA Community Living Centers 2004-2011: Shifting Long-Term Care to the Community.” Journal of Aging & Social Policy, vol. 30, no.2, 2018, pp.93-108.
(Web Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08959420.2017.1414538?journalCode=wasp20)
9. Kinosian, B., Weiland, D., Gu, X., Stallard, E., Phibbs, C., Intrator, O. “Validation of JEN Frailty Index in the National Long-Term Care Survey Community Population: Identifying Functionally Impaired Older Adults from Claims Data.” BMC Health Services Research, vol. 18, no.1, 2018, pp. 908-920.
(Web Link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6267903/)
1. Blumenthal, J.B., Cai, S., May, C., Brandt, N., Gernat, E., Mordecai, K., Loreck, D., Inscore, A. & Intrator, O. “Dementia Evaluation, Management, and Outreach.” Federal Practicioner, vol. 34, no. 1, 2017, pp.42-48.
(Web Link: http://www.alzheimersanddementia.com/article/S1552-5260(14)00396-3/abstract)
2. Cai, S., Laurel, P., Makineni, R., Marks, M., Kinosian, B., Phibbs, C., & Intrator, O. “Evaluation of A Hospital-in-home Program Implemented Among Veterans.” The American Journal of Managed Care, vol. 23, no. 8, 2017, pp. 482-487.
(Web Link: http://www.ajmc.com/journals/issue/2017/2017-vol23-n8/Evaluation-of-a-Hospital-in-Home-Program-Implemented-Among-Veterans)
3. Miller EA, Gidmark S, Gadbois E, Rudolph J, Intrator O. “Staff Perceptions of Key Factors Guiding Nursing Home Search and Selection within the Veterans Health Administration.” The Gerontologist, vol. 58, no. 4, 2017, pp.226-238. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnx096
(Web Link: https://academic.oup.com/gerontologist/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/geront/gnx096/3876302)
4. Miller EA, Intrator O, Gadbois E, Gidmark S, Rudolph J. “VA Staff Perceptions of the Role of the Extended Care Referral Process in Home and Community-Based Services Versus Nursing Home Use Posthospital Discharge.” Home Health Care Services Quarterly, vol. 36, no. 2, 2017, pp.63-80.
(Web Link: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01621424.2017.1336960)
5. Miller, S.C., Intrator, O., Scott, W., Shreve, S. T., Phibbs, C. S., Kinosian, B., ... & Edes, T. E. “Increasing Veterans’ Hospice Use: The Veterans Health Administration’s Focus on Improving End-Of-Life Care.” Health Affairs, vol. 36, no.7, 2017, pp. 1274-1282.
(Web Link: http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/36/7/1274)
6. Karuza J., Gillespie S., Olsan T., Cai X., Dang S., Intrator O., Li J., Gao S., Kinosian B., Edes T. “National Structural Survey of Veterans Affairs Home Based Primary Care Programs.” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 65, no. 12, 2017, pp. 2697-2701.
(Web Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jgs.15126)