Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence » Professionals » Remote Consults for VA Providers of Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
Remote Consults for VA Providers of Veterans with Multiple Sclerosis
VA health care providers of Veterans with MS, who have clinical questions for an MS expert, may request a remote consult from the Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence (MSCoE). When appropriate, requesting VA providers will be connected to their nearest MS Regional Program to facilitate communication.
- Use an MS interfacility consult system if already available at your VA facility.
- If not, send an encrypted Outlook email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the consult question and minimum identifiers necessary to identify the Veteran.
- Your request will be sent to the appropriate MSCoE clinical staff.
- As possible, the MSCoE clinical staff will review the medical chart remotely. MSCoE staff will arrange a telephone call with the requesting VA health care provider as necessary.
- The consult response will be sent via encrypted Outlook email to the requesting VA health care provider.
- The requesting VA health care provider must copy and paste the email consult response into a telephone encounter in the Veteran’s electronic medical record. This is necessary to ensure proper documentation and communication with the other providers for the Veteran.
Please call Lani Pitofsky (206-277-6079) for help with any of this process.