Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence
MSCoE Remote Consults for VA Providers of Veterans with MS
VA providers of Veterans with MS, who have clinical questions for an MS expert, may request a remote consult from MSCoE clinical staff. Please call Lani Pitofsky (206-277-6079) for help with any of this process.
- Use an MS e-consult system if already available at your facility.
- If not, send an encrypted Outlook email to email@example.com with the consult question and minimum identifiers necessary to identify the Veteran.
- Your request will be sent to the appropriate MSCoE clinical staff.
- As possible, the MSCoE clinical staff will review the medical chart remotely. MSCoE staff will arrange a telephone call with the requesting VA provider as necessary.
- The consult response will be sent via encrypted Outlook email to the requesting VA provider.
- The requesting provider must copy and paste the email consult response into a telephone encounter in the Veteran’s electronic medical record. This is necessary to ensure proper documentation and communication with the other providers for the Veteran.