VHA National Desktop Library
Anesthesiology Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in anesthesiology include:
- Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Clinical Journal of Pain
- Journal of Clinical Anesthesiology
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in anesthesiology include:
Anesthesiology - David E. Longnecker
Publication Date: 2018
Bonica's Management of Pain - Jane C. Ballantyne
Publication Date: 2010
Handbook for Stoelting’s Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease - Roberta L. Hines
Publication Date: 2013
Miller’s Anesthesia - Michael Gropper
Publication Date: 2020
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
This resource leads the way with a new generation of anesthesiology reference tools, merging a compendium of renowned medical resources with exclusive procedural videos, customizable curriculum functionality, and powerful search functions, along with tables and charts designed for quick reference.
This is an integrated online resource that provides medical students, surgical residents, and practicing surgeons with quick answers to surgical inquiries from trusted sources. Organized around the accepted ACGME's (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) Core Curriculum, AccessSurgery delivers content in context.
- Clinical Key
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
- Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a systematic reviews resource and includes the following:
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- A Novel Negative Pressure Isolation Device for Aerosol Transmissible COVID-19
- Ten years of the Helsinki Declaration on patient safety in anaesthesiology: An expert opinion on peri-operative safety aspects
- Risk Factors for Failure to Rescue in Myocardial Infarction after Noncardiac Surgery: A Cohort Study
- Anesthetic Management of Endovascular Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke During COVID-19 Pandemic: Consensus Statement From Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology & Critical Care (SNACC): Endorsed by Society of Vascular & Interventional Neurology (SVIN), Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery (SNIS), Neurocritical Care Society (NCS), European Society of Minimally Invasive Neurological Therapy (ESMINT) and American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) and Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Cerebrovascular Section
- Myocardial Injury After Noncardiac Surgery