VHA National Desktop Library
Whole Health Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in whole health include:
- Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice
- European Journal of Integrative Medicine
- Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in whole health include:
Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine - Marc S. Micozzi
Publication Date: 2019
Integrative Medicine - David Rakel
Publication Date: 2018
Integrative Therapies in Lung Health and Sleep - Linda Chlan
Publication Date: 2012
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- Natural Medicines
Natural Medicines (formerly Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database) provides information about dietary supplements and alternative therapies, including supplements safety, benefits, side effects, drug interactions and more.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- The Effects of Maintenance Cardiac Rehabilitation: a systematic review
- Effects of Land- vs Water-Walking Interventions on Vascular Function in Older Adults
- Stand Tall—A Virtual Translation of the Otago Exercise Program
- Benefits of Tai Chi Exercise Among Adults With Chronic Heart Failure: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Acupunch Exercise Program Development and Feasibility Evaluation for Older Adults