Post-9/11 Transition and Case Management
VA Liaison Program
Since 2003, VA Liaisons for Healthcare have assisted ill and injured Service members by facilitating their transition from the DoD to VA health care facilities. VA Liaisons are Nurses and Social Workers who are either located on site or assigned virtually to coordinate access to VA health care from a Military Treatment Facility(MTF) or DoD installation. VA Liaisons for Healthcare will meet with you early in your transition to ensure access to VA health care at the appropriate time in your recovery and rehabilitation process. VA Liaisons can help you with transition to both inpatient and outpatient programs at VA facilities nationwide.
- Collaborate with DoD Care Managers and treatment team regarding VA resources and treatment options available for your care.
- Inform you about VA health care, benefits and services and connect you with a Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Representative.
- Educate and advise on VA health care registration.
- Discuss your needs and goals for ongoing care and continuation of your individualized care plan.
- Facilitate your initial VA appointment scheduling before you leave the MTF.
- Connect you with the Post-9/11 M2VAteam at the selected VA facility.
- Ensure that your health care needs are communicated to the VA care team.