Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » Office of Health Equity » News and Events
Office of Health Equity
News and Events
Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminars
The VHA Office of Health Equity (OHE) in partnership with the VA Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) launched the Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminars. The Seminars will spotlight activities that promote the implementation of the VHA Health Equity Action Plan (HEAP), which is intended to:
- Catalyze, synergize, and coordinate VHA programs, projects, and initiatives to effectively identify, understand, seek and implement solutions to diminish and where possible eliminate health disparities;
- Demonstrate alignment with other federal partners working to achieve health equity;
- Bring focus to VHA efforts to provide a more equitable, individualized and patient-driven health care delivery system;
- Improve overall quality of care through equity in all policies and the achievement of health equity for all;
- Incorporate the innovative ideas and input of all users in order to encourage a bottom up approach while maintaining a strong connection to the overarching goals of the VA;
- Capitalize on the existing network of advocates and programs in both administrative and clinical realms to weave health equity dialogue and cultural attunement into training and other activities within and outside the health care system; and
- Serve as a guide and/or starting place that would remain a living document which is open to modification and adaptation to continuously meet the needs of the Veterans entrusted to the VHA.