Visualizations and Dashboards
The Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) recognizes healthcare facilities that demonstrate equitable treatment and inclusion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) patients, visitors, and employees in the following areas:
- Patient non-discrimination
- Equal visitation
- Employment non-discrimination
- Training in LGBTQ patient centered care
- Patient services and support
- Employee benefits and policies
- Transgender inclusive health insurance
- Patient & community engagement
Healthcare facilities that receive a score of 100 on the benchmarking tool are designated as a "Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality." Facilities with a score of 80 to 95 are designated as a "Top Performer."
In 2019, 58 VA medical centers were designated as a Leader, and 26 were designated as a Top Performer, in LGBT Healthcare Equality.