VHA National Desktop Library
Cardiology Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in cardiology include:
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging
- JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions
- American Journal of Cardiology
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in cardiology include:
Braunwald's Heart Disease - Robert O. Bonow
Publication Date: 2019
Clinical Cardiac Pacing, Defibrillation, and Resynchronization Therapy - Kenneth A. Ellenbogen
Publication Date: 2017
Hurst’s the Heart - Valentin Fuster
Publication Date: 2017
Textbook of Interventional Cardiology - Eric Topol
Publication Date: 2020
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- Clinical Key
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
- Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a systematic reviews resource and includes the following:
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- NEJM Resident 360
NEJM Resident 360 is a website and discussion platform for residents featuring rotation prep materials, educational and interactive tools, and a Resident Lounge with professional growth and discussion opportunities.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- Description and Proposed Management of the Acute COVID-19 Cardiovascular Syndrome
- Gut Microbiota and Cardiovascular Diseases: a critical review
- Epidemiology of Atrial Fibrillation in the 21st Century: Novel Methods and New Insights
- Interim Guidance for Basic and Advanced Life Support in Adults, Children, and Neonates With Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19: From the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee and Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation Adult and Pediatric Task Forces of the American Heart Association
- Implementation of remote follow-up of cardiac implantable electronic devices in clinical practice: organizational implications and resource consumption