VHA National Desktop Library
Endocrinology Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in endocrinology include:
- Clinical Endocrinology
- Cytokine and Growth Factor Reviews
- General and Comparative Endocrinology
- Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in endocrinology include:
Diabetes Management in Primary Care - Jeff Unger
Publication Date: 2013
Greenspan’s Basic and Clinical Endocrinology - David G. Gardner
Publication Date: 2018
William’s Textbook of Endocrinology - Shlomo Melmed
Publication Date: 2020
Yen and Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology: Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Clinical Management - Jerome F. Strauss
Publication Date: 2019
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- Clinical Key
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
- Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a systematic reviews resource and includes the following:
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- NEJM Resident 360
NEJM Resident 360 is a website and discussion platform for residents featuring rotation prep materials, educational and interactive tools, and a Resident Lounge with professional growth and discussion opportunities.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- Heart failure and renal outcomes according to baseline and achieved blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes: results from EMPA-REG OUTCOME
- Adverse events associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors: a new era in autoimmune diabetes
- Diabetes self-management education and support in adults with type 2 diabetes: A consensus report of the American Diabetes Association, the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of PAs, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the American Pharmacists Association
- Role of Combination Antiplatelet and Anticoagulation Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Disease: Insights From the COMPASS Trial
- Effects of Hydrogel With Enriched Sodium Alginate in Wounds of Diabetic Patients