VHA National Desktop Library
Oncology Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in oncology include:
- CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
- European Journal of Cancer
- International Journal of Cancer
- Journal of Clinical Oncology
- Lancet Oncology
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in oncology include:
Abeloff's Clinical Oncology - John E. Niederhuber
Publication Date: 2020
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- AccessMedicine – Hematology Oncology Collection
AccessMedicine – Hematology Oncology Collection includes hematology oncology ebooks, quick reference, interactive review questions, case studies, calculators, curriculum development tools and more.
- Clinical Key
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
- Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a systematic reviews resource and includes the following:
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- NEJM Resident 360
NEJM Resident 360 is a website and discussion platform for residents featuring rotation prep materials, educational and interactive tools, and a Resident Lounge with professional growth and discussion opportunities.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology Review
Vincent T. DeVita Jr., Theodore S. Lawrence, Steven A. Rosenberg Publication Date: 2012
- Sequencing Treatments for Cancer During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tacrolimus and ascomycin inhibit melanoma cell growth, migration and invasion via targeting nuclear factor of activated T-cell 3
- The diagnostic efficiency of seven autoantibodies in lung cancer
- Calcium channel blockers in pancreatic cancer: increased overall survival in a retrospective cohort study
- Alzheimer Gene BIN1 may Simultaneously Influence Dementia Risk and Androgen Deprivation Therapy Dosage in Prostate Cancer