VHA National Desktop Library
Ophthalmology Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in ophthalmology include:
- American Journal of Ophthalmology
- British Journal of Ophthalmology
- Current Opinion in Ophthalmology
- JAMA Ophthalmology
- Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Journal of EMDR Practice and Research
- Journal of Glaucoma
- Survey of Ophthalmology
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in ophthalmology include:
Duane's Ophthalmology - William Tasman
Publication Date: 2013
Kanski's Clinical Ophthalmology - Brad Bowling
Publication Date: 2016
Liu, Volpe, and Galetta’s Neuro-Ophthalmology- Grant T. Liu
Publication Date: 2019
The Neuro-Ophthalmology Survival Guide- Anthony Pane
Publication Date: 2018
Ryan's Retina- Andrew Schachat
Publication Date: 2018
The Wills Eye Manual- Mark A. Friedberg
Publication Date: 2017
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- Clinical Key
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
- Cochrane Library
The Cochrane Library is a systematic reviews resource and includes the following:
- Cochrane Clinical Answers
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Cochrane Library - Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- Survey of Telehealth Adoption by Neuro-ophthalmologists During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Benefits, Barriers and Utility
- Saving Sight in Neovascular AMD
- Cognitive Impairment among Veterans in Outpatient Vision Rehabilitation
- Metabolic Syndrome is Associated with Ocular Hypertension and Glaucoma
- Patient-Specific Implants in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery