VHA National Desktop Library
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in rehabilitation include:
- American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Clinical Rehabilitation
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in rehabilitation include:
Dutton's Orthopaedic Examination Evaluation and Intervention - Mark Dutton
Publication Date: 2019
Encyclopedia of Exercise Medicine in Health and Disease - Frank C. Mooren (Editor)
Publication Date: 2012
Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Walter R. Frontera
Publication Date: 2019
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - David X. Cifu
Publication Date: 2016
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
- Access Physiotherapy
This database is a resource for physical therapy students, educators, and those in practice seeking to maintain certification. Leading the next generation of online physical therapy resources, AccessPhysiotherapy features content from leading McGraw-Hill texts, interactive imaging content, exclusive multimedia, and flexible curricular tools.
Anatomy.tv (Primal Pictures) allows you to explore human anatomy in a 3D interactive model. Interact with anatomy by peeling away layers, rotating models, and reconstructing layers back to their original structure. Compare 3D images to MRI slices to aid in diagnosis and management of injuries. Anatomy.tv includes Systemic Anatomy, Regional Anatomy, Primal Interactive Human: The 3D Real-time Body, Sports Injuries Series, Surgery Series and Specialty Titles.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- Changes to rehabilitation service delivery and the associated physician perspectives during the COVID-19 pandemic: A mixed methods needs assessment study
- The Discrepancy Between Cognitive Complaints and Neuropsychological Test Findings in Persons With Traumatic Brain Injury
- Peripheral neuropathy in the lower extremities of individuals with spinal cord injury or disease: A retrospective study
- Prehabilitation May Help Mitigate an Increase in COVID-19 Peripandemic Surgical Morbidity and Mortality
- Establishing K-levels and prescribing transtibial prostheses using six-minute walk test and one-leg standing test on prosthesis: a retrospective audit