VHA National Desktop Library
Women's Health Subject Guide
If you are working remotely, you will need to log into Athens Remote Access to access these resources.
External Link Disclaimer: All links below are External links. By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.
A sample of the online journals available in women’s health include:
- Women's Health Issues
- American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
To locate all online journals available to you, search your local library.
A sample of the online books available in women’s health include:
Berek Novak's Gynecology - Allan H. Ropper
Publication Date: 2012
Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology & Infertility - Marc A. Fritz
Publication Date: 2011
Clinical Gynecologic Oncology - Philip J. Di Saia
Publication Date: 2018
Williams Gynecology - Barbara L. Hoffman
Publication Date: 2020
Williams Obstetrics - F. Gary Cunningham
Publication Date: 2018
To locate all online books available to you, search your local library.
This innovative online resource provides students, residents, clinicians and all health professionals with access to more than 60 medical titles from the best minds in medicine, updated content, thousands of images and illustrations, interactive self-assessment, case files, diagnostic tools, a comprehensive search platform, and the ability to download content to a mobile device.
AccessObGyn offers a new approach to obstetrics and gynecology reference and research – all in one place. Updated regularly, this comprehensive online ObGyn resource covers the entire spectrum of obstetrics and gynecology
This clinical search engine includes access to full text books, journals, guidelines and multimedia. Contains Elsevier published content of 521 journals, 900+ clinical texts, procedure videos and much more.
Reprotox contains summaries on the effects of medications, chemicals, infections, and physical agents on pregnancy, reproduction, and development.
PubMed provides over 23 million citations for biomedical literature, including MEDLINE, life science journals and ebooks.
- UpToDate (use if on the VA computer network)
UpToDate is a guided evidence-based, clinical decision-making solution with dynamic and interactive algorithms as well as lab monographs. UpToDate Pathways is comprised of interactive algorithms that provide clinical recommendations tailored to each patient, and address common, chronic, and sometimes complex conditions with multiple management, diagnoses, or treatment options. UpToDate Lab Interpretation contains monographs and algorithms that guide you to more quickly and accurately interpret and decide on next steps for lab results out of the normal range.
For remote access use https://www.uptodate.com with your UTD username/password. Tip Sheet for CME/Remote Access Registration
Please check with your local library for additional databases in your subject area.
- Williams Obstetrics Study Guide
The Williams Obstetrics 24th Edition Study Guide is designed to assess the comprehension and retention of information presented in the 24th edition of Williams Obstetrics. Users must register for a MyAthens personal account.
- Relationship between age at menarche and risk of glucose metabolism disorder: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis
- Long-Term Health-Related Quality of Life after Four Common Surgical Treatment Options for Breast Cancer and the Effect of Complications: A Retrospective Patient-Reported Survey among 1871 Patients
- Influence of dietary habits and Mediterranean diet adherence on menopausal symptoms. The FLAMENCO projec
- Nutritional considerations for the prevention and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Incidence of diabetes according to metabolically healthy or unhealthy normal weight or overweight/obesity in postmenopausal women: the Women's Health Initiative