Office of Health Equity
Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminar Series
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
12PM - 1PM (ET)
Title: Quality Improvement and Research: How to Leverage These Two Processes to Achieve Health Equity
Research and quality improvement work are both integral to identifying best practices to achieve health equity. However, these two processes take different approaches to testing interventions and measuring outcomes. This Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminar session will highlight the differences between these two processes and how the Office of Health Equity utilizes quality improvement processes by supporting and funding quality improvement efforts across the VHA to further its mission to achieve health equity for all Veterans.
Don Workman, PhD
VA IRB Network
Justin List, MD, MAR, MSc, FACP
Health Care Outcomes
VHA Office of Health Equity
Researchers, clinicians, care coordinators, policy makers, educators, data analysts, Veteran stakeholders and representatives of vulnerable Veteran groups who are interested in understanding and/or promoting equitable health among all Veterans.
Use the following links, or continue reading on this page, for information on:
About the Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminars
The VHA Office of Health Equity (OHE) in partnership with the VA Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) launched the Focus on Health Equity and Action Cyberseminars. Each cyberseminar spotlights activities that promote the implementation of the VHA Health Equity Action Plan (HEAP), and aims to:
- Catalyze, synergize, and coordinate VHA programs, projects, and initiatives to effectively identify, understand, seek and implement solutions to diminish and where possible eliminate health disparities;
- Demonstrate alignment with other federal partners working to achieve health equity;
- Bring focus to VHA efforts to provide a more equitable, individualized and patient-driven health care delivery system;
- Improve overall quality of care through equity in all policies and the achievement of health equity for all;
- Incorporate the innovative ideas and input of all users in order to encourage a bottom up approach while maintaining a strong connection to the overarching goals of the VA;
- Capitalize on the existing network of advocates and programs in both administrative and clinical realms to weave health equity dialogue and cultural attunement into training and other activities within and outside the health care system; and
- Serve as a guide and/or starting place that would remain a living document which is open to modification and adaptation to continuously meet the needs of the Veterans entrusted to the VHA.