On this page:
We provide support to the VA and other Government agencies through our acquisition, financial, logistics, and training programs.
Acquisition Offices and Programs
- VA National Acquisition Center Responsible for supporting the health care requirements of the VA and other government agencies.
- High Tech Medical Equipment Awards consolidated acquisitions for radiation therapy, computerized tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, physiological monitoring, diagnostic ultrasound upgrades & accessories, x-ray equipment, and nuclear medicine.
- Pharmaceutical Repackaging Executes blanket purchase agreement against existing Federal Supply Schedule contracts for pharmaceuticals in bulk sizes that facilitate delivery to the VA repackager, which supplies these products in Government labeled unit of use containers.
- Pharmaceutical Prime Vendor Program Provides VA facilities and other Government agencies with an efficient method of obtaining Government contracted pharmaceutical and medical/surgical products with just-in-time deliveries. This program services over 750 customers throughout the United States, the Virgin Islands, Saipan, and the Philippines.
- Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor Program A national mandatory program that provides a customized distribution system that meets or exceeds facility requirements by providing efficient and cost-effective just-in-time distribution, inventory, electronic, and catalog ordering processes through seven prime vendor contracts.
- Subsistence Supports the purchase and distribution of subsistence commodities and ancillary supplies for all VA Medical Centers, Veteran Canteen Service Retail Cafeterias, and other Government agencies.
- Medical/Surgical and Pharmaceutical Standardization reduces costs by standardizing products and sources of supply, while ensuring clinician needs are met.
- VA Federal Supply Schedule Contracting (VAFSS) Manages multiple award contracts for medical equipment, supply, pharmaceutical, and service Schedule programs.
- Contract Catalog Search Tool Browse Medical/Surgical and Pharmaceutical products and services available under VA Federal Supply Service contracts.
- VA Advantage! A partnership between the Veterans Administration and the General Services Administration, is a commitment towards improving the acquisition process for VA customers.
- VA Acquisition Regulation Implements and suplements the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
Logistics Offices and Programs
- VA Service and Distribution Center Provides biomedical equipment and repair services to VA and shipping and distribution services for VA and Other Government Agencies.
- Burial Flags Distributes burial flags to VA facilities throughout the country and around the world.
- Dental and Surgical Handpiece Repair Offers comprehensive dental and surgical handpiece repair programs comparable to similar programs throughout the United States.
- Flexible and Rigid Endoscope Repair Offers VA medical centers and other Government agencies high-quality, timely service at excellent prices.
- Radiology Inspection Quality Assurance Ensures that manufacturers and vendors provide VA medical centers, outpatient clinics, and other government entities with quality radiology equipment.
- Logistics Services Provides secure warehousing, inventory management, and world wide distribution services.
Education and Training
- VA Acquisition Academy An industry leader in training and development for the Federal Acquisition workforce through our five professional schools.
- Acquisition/Contracting Professional Provides core courses necessary to obtain the Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Levels I, II, and III.
- Acquisition Internship Develops future generations of trusted business advisors in contracting for the VA.
- Project/Program Management Provides training necessary to certify all federal government program and project managers.
- Facilities Management Provides the VA Acquisition workforce with the courses necessary to demonstrate the core facilities management competencies outlined in Public Law 111-308.
- Supply Chain Management Provide a training curriculum to address five general competencies and sixteen technical competencies of Supply Chain Management.