Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization
VA and BusinessUSA Partnership
VA and BusinessUSA combine forces to reboot Veteran business resources through a one-stop interactive platform.
MyVA Verification Application Transformation Trial
CVE is improving its services to directly align with MyVA. Experience the streamlined, Vet-friendly Verification Application Process.
National Veterans Small Business Engagement (NVSBE)
NVSBE connects Veteran suppliers with federal and commercial buyers. Access over 300 PDMs at VA’s largest event for the Veteran small business community.
Learn more at NVSBE.com »
Conferences and Events
Access our calendar of upcoming conferences and events.
Welcome to OSDBU! OSDBU seeks to enable Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs) Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSBs), Small Disadvantaged Businesses, HUBZone Businesses, and Women-Owned Small Businesses to add value to the work of VA. Learn more »
Vets First Verification Program
To be eligible for SDVOSB or VOSB set-asides, you must be Verified!
- Initial Verification Application Guide - Intended to assist applicants to comply with the regulatory requirements in 38 CFR Part 74 in order to apply for Verification.
- Verification Application Required Documents Rationale - Provides Veterans insight about how the information CVE gleans from these documents is used.
- Application Process Briefing - A briefing on the verification application process including screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
- Average Verification Processing Time - See how long it takes for verification applications to be processed over the last three months.
- Apply for Verification - Submit your application for verification.
- Verification Renewal Process Fact Sheet - Find out more about the Renewal process.
- Verification Webinars - CVE is hosting recurring training for interested Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned and Veteran-Owned Small Businesses on different aspects of the verification process.
VA Moves Against Non-Compliant and Fraudulent Firms
The Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) has established a process to report firms alleged to be non-compliant with one or more of the regulatory requirements for the Vets First Verification Program. Report firms believed to be non-compliant of 38 CFR Part 74.
The VA Office of Inspector General is committed to protecting the rights of the service-disabled Veteran entrepreneur community by vigorously investigating and seeking prosecution of those who deprive these Veterans who have earned the right to set-aside government contracts. Report fraud to VA OIG Hotline.
Verification Assistance Program
This program helps Veterans understand the verification policy and process reducing the risk of denial due to lack of understanding and misinterpretation of the regulation.
- Verification Assistance Briefs - Clarifies the rules associated with 38 CFR 74 and are based on analysis of issues that cause the majority of denials.
- Verification Self-Assessment Tool - Provides the VOSB/SDVOSB the opportunity to freely navigate the Verification process.
- Verification Counseling Program - Provide training and assistance to Verification Assistance partners, who in turn provide verification counseling to applicants.
Veteran Entrepreneur Portal
The Veteran Entrepreneur Portal is your one-stop platform to small business resources.
VA OSDBU, in collaboration with BusinessUSA, offers a collection of tools to help you start and grow your small business. Find information about business plans, financing opportunities, government programs, training courses, and much more!
Looking for information about VA procurements, contract awards, and acquisition resources? Let us help!
- Forecast of Contracting Opportunities - Represents VA’s best estimate of procurement opportunities during the current fiscal year. The information is published for planning purposes only and does represent an invitation for bids, a request for proposals, or a commitment by VA to purchase products or services.
- Doing Business with VA - Learn the ins and outs of doing business with VA. Who makes the procurement decisions? Who process the procurement actions? Who can you contact?
- VA on FedBizOpps - Official site for published invitation for bids, request for proposals, other procurement vehicles, and contract actions issued by VA.
- Small Business Liaisons - Find out who to contact at the various VA procurement offices regarding their procurement opportunities.
- VA Socioeconomic Goals and Accomplishments - Find out what the VA goals are for the current year and how we are performing by accessing our Performance Scorecards.
Various online tools and resources that may be of use to you and your business.