Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC)
Eastern Colorado GRECC Gerofit
Eastern Colorado GRECC is a hub of clinical innovation committed to creating systems of support for Veterans as they age and across the continuum of care, regardless of geography. The Eastern Colorado GRECC participates in national clinical dissemination projects, including GRECC Connect and Gerofit.
Clinical demonstration projects provide opportunities to integrate research, education and clinical services. Current Clinical Demonstration Projects include:
The Gerofit program:
- Helps and encourages you to be physically active
- Shows you how to reduce the risk of falls
- Improves your ability to move and be active
How do I join?
To be eligible for the program:
- You must be a Veteran enrolled with the Veterans Health Administration.
- You must be at least 65 years old.
- Your overall health should be stable and sufficient for you to participate without needing continuous assistance.
Talk to your VA provider about joining Gerofit. You will need an email address and a smart device with a camera (smart phone, laptop/desktop computer, tablet) in order to participate. If you don't own a smart device you may be able to get a tablet through the us. Download the following useful documents: