Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Attention A T users. To access the combo box on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Press the alt key and then the down arrow. 2. Use the up and down arrows to navigate this combo box. 3. Press enter on the item you wish to view. This will take you to the page listed.
Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

Office of Survivors Assistance


Contact Us






For assistance or to ask questions about your claim status please call the Veterans Benefits Administration national call center.  The call center may be reached by dialing 1-800-827-1000.  

By calling 1-800-827-1000 you may:

Report the passing of a Veteran or beneficiary
Check on the status of your claim
Obtain financial documentation
Request information on burial and mortuary benefits
Much, much more-

***All survivor claims should be submitted to the Claims Intake Center

Please submit your claim for survivor benefits to the following address:

Department of Veterans Affairs
Pension Intake Center
PO Box 5365
Janesville, WI 53547-5365


Contact us-

If you have questions about VA Benefits for Survivors, or if you have experienced an issue while interacting with VA we would like to hear from you.  For our fastest response please reach us via email at the following address: