Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization
Verification Renewal Process Fact Sheet
Companies verified by the Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) receive an additional two (2) years of eligibility through the Renewal process.
CVE instituted the Renewal process to reduce the time and effort required to maintain eligibility for the Veterans First Program. Courtesy notifications are sent to the Email address listed in the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) profile to remind businesses 120, 60, and 30 days prior to their verification expiring. Renewal applications will be inspected to ensure all documents from the initial approval, and any updated documentation required (e.g., tax returns for the last two years, license and/or lease renewals, most recent board minutes, etc.) may be found.
To reduce the risk of fraud and further enhance the quality of the Verification program, CVE has introduced new safe guards to protect our Veterans and their interests. As a result, CVE will review new documents and will prioritize renewal requests for expedited processing.
Renewal applications will be inspected to ensure that all documents from the initial approval, and any updated documentation required (e.g., tax returns for the last two years, license and/or lease renewals, most recent board minutes, etc.) are found.
Renewal Application Submission Process:
- The renewal request is completed online via the VetBiz website.
- Login to VIP.
- Under Actions in the Account Summary, click “Reverify.”
- After updating owner information and signing a new VA Form 0877, review the previous application and update all necessary documentation.
- Once the “Submit” button has been selected, a questionnaire will verify any changes that have occurred since the last application.
- CVE retains the right to request a full document examination and to conduct site visits in accordance with 38 CFR § 74.15.
- If a renewal application is denied, based on submitted changes, the applicant is eligible to submit a Request for Reconsideration, utilizing the same process as available for an initial denial.
We advise businesses to submit renewal applications as soon as they are eligible. If an applicant’s eligibility period expires while in the renewal process, the company’s profile will be removed from public view until it is re-verified.
A verified applicant that submits for renewal will remain visible in VIP. If a company’s verification period expires while in the renewal process, it will no longer be visible in VIP. Participants applying for renewal that do not respond to CVE requests for documentation within the established timeframe will be withdrawn from the process and reset to allow them to reapply immediately.
The Steps to Renewal:
- Answer four questions & upload only the business documents that have changed or were received (e.g., current year taxes) since the previous verification.
- CVE provides three reminders prior to a firm’s expiration and access to free CVE Certified Verification Counselors for assistance with renewal.
- CVE will process all renewals within the regulatory time of 60 days. Average processing times can be found online at Average Verification Processing Time page.
For additional information on the renewal process please utilize any of the following resources:
- Verification Assistance Program
- Verification Assistance Briefs
- Verification Self-Assessment Tool
- CVE Verified Counselors
Visit http://www.va.gov/osdbu for more information about VA's Verification Process.