Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Attention A T users. To access the combo box on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Press the alt key and then the down arrow. 2. Use the up and down arrows to navigate this combo box. 3. Press enter on the item you wish to view. This will take you to the page listed.
Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge

Office of Administration (OA)


Office of Protocol FAQs

Question Answer
How do I reserve the Sonny Montgomery Veterans Conference Center (Room 230) or Room C-7 for an event? E-mail request to Provide date, time, and a diagram of the set-up.
How do I obtain chairs/tables/rope and stanchions for my event? E-mail request to
Who do I contact in Canteen Services to order refreshments for my event? E-mail request to Jeffrey Gresham, Canteen Chief, and Regina Tillery, Catering Coordinator.
How do I obtain a Joint Armed Forces Color Guard or a military musical group for my event? E-mail request to
How do I order posters for my event? E-mail request to
How do I request Chaplain support for my event? E-mail request to and cc:
How do I obtain a vocalist for my event? Several VA employees graciously volunteer their time to perform the National Anthem at official VA hosted events. Please contact the Office of Protocol for assistance.
How do I properly display the U.S. Flag? The Office of Protocol is happy to answer your questions on proper U.S. flag display, as well as the display of Departmental flags. For the U.S. flag you may also refer to the United States Code, Title 4, Chapter 1 – Flag and Seal, Seat of Government, and the States.
Where can I purchase a flag presentation box? Meadows Display Cases, ( 903-389-5922, 1-800-362-9773 24” X 24” recommended.
How do I order flags and accessories for my SES principal’s office?

The Office of Protocol uses a local company that has been providing VA with flags and accessories for many years. You are welcome to research others but National Capital Flag Company will know exactly what you are requesting. Their contact information is: National Capital Flag Company, Inc., 1-800-368-3524 (Joanne Ulmer), ( Depending on the height of the ceilings typically 7’, 8’ or 9’ staffs are used. If a taller pole is used a 4’3” X 5’6” flag set is ordered. Most offices will have a standard ceiling height and 7’ staffs are used. Once the height is determined the request for a set of flags in an SES’s office will look as follows

  • 1 – US Flag 3’ X 5’ 8”
  • 1 – VA Flag 3’ X 5’ 8”
  • 1 – SES Flag 3’ X 4’ (must purchase the indoor SES flag from
  • 3 – pole 7’ X 1 ¼” Oak 2 pcs.
  • 3 – Stand Liberty gold 8lbs.
  • 2 – 7” Army Brass 22B (for the top of the staff for the VA and SES flags)
  • 1 – 7” Eagle Gold 7A Flagzone (for the top of the U.S. flag)
  • 3 – Cord and Tassel 6” Golden Yellow
  • 3 – NCF Flag Spreader (brass)
When should the POW-MIA Flag be displayed?

The POW-MIA flag must be flown on the following days at each National Cemetery, VA Medical Center, and at the building containing the official office of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, on the following:

  • Armed Forces Day, the third Saturday in May
  • Memorial Day, the last Monday in May
  • Flag Day, June 14
  • Independence Day, July 4
  • National POW/MIA Recognition Day
  • Veterans Day, November 11

In addition, the POW-MIA flag must be flown at each VA Medical Center on any day in which the U.S. Flag is displayed.

How do I submit an announcement on "Hey VA" and VACO Daily News? E-mail your announcement to Public Affairs Specialist Jennifer Sardam and Director of Internal Communications Ben Pekkanen.
Requesting Video Conferencing? E-mail request to the VACO IT Video Conferencing Team at