Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD)
Residing within the Office of Human Capital Management (HCM), the Institute for Learning, Education and Development (ILEAD) is responsible for the life cycle of an employee’s career journey within VHA, providing virtual and in-person training, products, services and cohort-based experiential development opportunities for employees in all phases of their career, from entry-level, through mid-career, to aspiring and new supervisors and managers, and for budding, future and current senior leaders at the executive level.
ILEAD partners with VHA program offices, field leaders and stakeholders to build and support succession planning processes for key positions, encouraging local development of employees to create a strong, steady pipeline of future leaders ready to fill critical roles. ILEAD’s mission is to best care for Veterans as a high-performing organization that delivers exceptional learning, education and development to every VHA employee throughout their career life cycle.
ILEAD Areas of Service
- Executive Operations Provides direct support to the VHA chief learning officer (CLO) by managing the day-to-day operations of coordinating, organizing, communicating and delegating functional tasks and policy enabling the CLO to focus on leading the organization to the next level and advocate ILEAD to leadership across VHA.
- VHA Learning and Development Policy & Oversight (LDPO) Enhances VHA’s ability to effectively provide programmatic governance and oversight for training in support of VA goals and objectives to ensure all Veterans receive the same top-quality care from VHA staff trained in a consistent, world-class manner.
- Strategic Planning, Integration and Innovation Oversees the strategic plan metrics, learning and development innovation framework, process improvement process and education and development of the ILEAD workforce across the organization.
- Technology and Informatics Empowers customers and stakeholders with the right data and technology to foster efficient business processes, capture measurable outcomes, enable data-driven decision making, and demonstrate the achievement of organizational goals.
- Business Support Operations Facilitate ILEADs exceptional support of VHA’s training requirements by providing a pathway to acquire all ILEAD’s resource needs. This includes overarching funding, subsidized labor, full-time employees (salaries), equipment, general commodities, space, internal training and travel.
- Client Relations Collaborates with field and program office clients to align workforce development with strategic planning priorities; assesses performance and learning needs; and determines optimal options for learning design, development, delivery and evaluation of content with the best subject matter experts available.
- Production and Delivery Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to design, produce, and deliver creative employee learning, development and communication solutions.