National Minority Veterans Summits
The National Minority Veterans Summits, hosted by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) - Center for Minority Veterans, will focus on the needs and issues imperative to minority Veterans.
Summits consist of lectures, discussion panels, an exhibit hall, and an open forum.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from Veterans Affairs' senior leaders, interact with state and local officials, participate in breakout sessions focused on employment, mental health, entrepreneurship and much more.
Plenary sessions will focus on VA benefits & services, healthcare, memorial services, collaboration opportunities, and interacting with partner organizations.
- To provide minority Veterans and the local/state/Federal/NGO partners who serve them, with information about VA benefits and services
- To engage in transparent dialogue about issues impacting minority Veterans
- To share minority-focused research and innovations
- To receive feedback from minority Veterans and connect with community partners
- To identify unique issues and concerns of minority Veterans that impact their Veteran experience
- Minority Veterans
- Public sector partners including military, federal, state, and local agencies
- Veteran Service Organizations and other nonprofit partners
- Academics and others in the research community
- Representatives from the tech industry and corporations
- Other community partners
- VA employees