Acquisition Policy Flash! 21-02
Notification of VA Acquisition Regulation Update Number 2008-25 and publication of new VA Acquisition Manual Parts M809, M841 and M842
Purpose: To notify the VA acquisition workforce of the publication of revised VAAR parts 809, 841, 842, and their affected parts 802 and 852; as well as the publication of new VAAM parts M809, M841 and M842.
Affected VAAR/VAAM Parts: VAAR parts 802, 809, 841, 842, and 852; and VAAM parts M809, M841, and M842.
Effective Date: October 26, 2020.
Background: VAAR Update Number 2008-25 dated October 26, 2020, contains revisions to VAAR parts 809, 841, 842, and their affected parts 802 and 852 that were published in a Federal Register Notice as a final rule at 85 FR 60073 (document number 2020-18172) on September 24, 2020 with an effective date of October 26, 2020, and which adopted as a final rule the proposed rule published April 20, 2020. Due to the publishing of revised VAAR parts 809, 841, and 842; and VAAM parts M809, M841 and M842, the following VA acquisition policies are rescinded:
- VA Procurement Policy Memorandum (2013-03)—Reporting and Managing Contractor Past Performance Information, dated August 12, 2013, is rescinded.
- VA Procurement Policy Memorandum (PPM) 2013-05—Determining Contractor Responsibility (REVISED - This VA PPM supersedes VA PPM (2013-05) dated August 12, 2013), dated November 13, 2014, is rescinded.
- VA Procurement Policy Memorandum 2015-02—Guidance for VA Procurement Related Suspension and Debarment Committee to Assist in Implementing 38 U.S.C. § 8127(g), Enforcement Penalties for Misrepresentation, May 8, 2015.
- Deviation per Class Deviation 842.102, Assignment of Contract Audit Services, July 24, 2012, and a deviation extension dated September 29, 2015 and approved October 26, 2015, to authorize CFM to obtain audit services directly from GSA Schedule 520, Financial and Performance Audits contractors through September 30, 2020 (Fiscal Year 2020).
- Class Deviation from VA Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) section 802.101, Definitions, and Subpart 809.4, Debarment, Suspension and Ineligibility, dated June 2, 2017, is rescinded.
- Deviations at 809.405, 809.405-1, and 809.405-2 in Class Deviation from Various VA Acquisition Regulation Sections to Update Head of Contracting Activity Delegation and Redelegation Authorities; and Increase a Threshold for Review of Acquisition Plans, dated March 8, 2018, are now obsolete.
- VA Procurement Policy Memorandum 2019-01, Postaward Orientation, dated January 9, 2019, is rescinded in its entirety.
- Class Deviation from Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 41.2, Acquiring Utility Services, and VA Acquisition Regulation (VAAR) subpart 841.2, Acquiring Utility Services, dated January 31, 2020, VAAR deviation to subpart 841.2 only, is rescinded.
- Acquisition Policy Flash! 20-06, Rescission of VA Procurement Policy Memorandum (PPM) 2018-07 (Revised OCT 2018)—Acquisition of Utility Services, dated January 31, 2020, is now obsolete.
Applicability: This notification is directed to the VA acquisition workforce.
Additional Information: Direct any questions or commentws to the Procurement Policy and Warrant Management Service (003A2A) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (202) 632-5288.