Interagency and Cross-Cutting Initiatives to End and Prevent Veteran Homelessness
Ending homelessness community by community is not something VA is working on alone. Every day we partner with others to extend our reach to Veterans experiencing homelessness, including with agencies at the federal, state and local levels. We collaborate with the White House and federal partners directly and through the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH), and with city governments and mayors on targeted efforts to end Veteran homelessness.
Learn more about these interagency and cross-cutting initiatives that VA supports and contributes to:
- Benchmarking Progress in Ending Veteran Homelessness, A USICH Initiative
- Ending Veteran Homelessness—A Community by Community Tally
- The Mayors Challenge
- Home, Together, the federal strategic plan to prevent and end homelessness
Access tools to help in the fight to end and prevent Veteran homelessness:
- USICH – Ending Veteran homelessness guidelines (Specifications and Criteria and Benchmarks)
- Veterans@Home Toolkit – Housing and Urban Development tools to identify and engage with Veterans who are homeless
- Zero: 2016 – Community Solutions’ resources to end Veteran homelessness
- VA Ending Veteran Homelessness Toolkit – Tools to reach housing and community partners
Get In Touch
As always, if you know a Veteran who is homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless, refer him or her to a local VA Medical Center, where VA staff are ready to help. Veterans and their families can also call 1-877-4AID-VET to be connected to VA services.
Make the Call
Access VA’s services for homeless and at-risk Veterans, available 24/7.
Homeless Veteran Chat
Confidential, 24/7 online support for Veterans and friends
VA Medical Center
Locate Your Local
VA Medical Center Now
Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can call or visit their local VA Medical Center (VAMC) and ask for a Homeless Coordinator. Use the VA locator tool www.va.gov/directory to find your nearest VAMC and call or visit today.