Office of Acquisition and Logistics (OAL)
VA Industry Liaison
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recognizes that conducting market research is an important component of acquisition planning, and frequent and effective communication with industry is often one of the best ways to obtain that information. Furthermore, VA is aware that some members of the greater acquisition community may mistakenly believe that the applicable rules covering government-industry communication limit industry engagement more than they actually do. Those misunderstandings, especially when compounded by fears of protest, may unduly limit Government-industry communication.
Due in part to the concerns expressed above, VA is committed to promoting government-industry communications to the maximum extent allowable and when in the best interests of VA. In that vein, VA has developed this Plan to:
- Dispel common misconceptions that acquisition personnel may have regarding government-industry communications;
- Build upon our current communication policies and guidance;
- Bridge communications gaps between the government and industry;
- Enhance our understanding of current industry capabilities and conditions, and
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of our procurements.
Download the VA’s Vendor Communication Plan.
Contact the VA Industry Liaison
Christina Hill and Kathleen Wheat
810 Vermont Ave, NW
Washington DC 20420